Dunkirk, France – Three-Day ‘Operation Dynamo’ Themed Trip direct from the Island including B and B Accommodation, Coach, Ferries and Dunkirk Tour and Museum Entrance – deal price £198.00 deposit just £25.00
The Fine Print
- Print off your voucher & follow instructions to book
- Trip takes place on Friday 12th-Sunday 14th April 2019
- Remainder of trip is payable direct to The Holiday Shop eight weeks prior to departure date
- Trip includes return coach travel to your choice of Island pick-up point
- Trip includes return ferry crossings, tour & museum entrance
- Price is based on two adults sharing
- Single supplement applies – payable directly to holiday company
- Itinerary information is approximate & subject to change
- Dunkirk three-day trip
- Discover the heroic stories behind ‘Operation Dynamo’
- Visit the site of the historic event
- Includes travel, B&B accommodation, tour & museum entrance
- Turning point of World War II
- Learn the true story behind the movie blockbuster
- Choice of Island pick-up points
* very limited availability *
A glorious defeat or heroic withdrawal in almost impossible circumstances, the ‘miracle of Dunkirk’ has gained an almost mythical status in British history.
Now discover the event for yourself…
Today’s deal is Three-Day Operation Dynamo Themed Trip direct from the Island including B&B Accommodation, Coach, Ferries, Dunkirk Tour & Museum Entrance for only £198.00 per person – deposit just £25.00 per person payable today
‘Operation Dynamo’ is the codename for the evacuation of allied soldiers from the beaches and harbour of Dunkirk between 26th May-4th June 1940, during World War II. The operation was decided upon after a large number of allied soldiers were cut off and surrounded by the German army during the ‘Battle of France’. On the seventh day of the evacuation 338,226 troops had been rescued from Dunkirk. This event is often referred to as ‘the miracle of Dunkirk’.
This trip runs from Friday 12th – Sunday 14nd April 2019
You will board the comfortable coach at a host of Island pick-up points before making the trip to the ferry from Dover to Dunkirk.
This exciting and informative weekend break will be based in the historic town of Dunkirk.
You will stay at Hôtel Le Welcome. Surrounded by shops, cafes and restaurants this three-star hotel offers guests a high standard of accommodation and a great base to explore the local area. The hotel features 41 well equipped en-suite rooms, 24hr reception and free Wi-Fi. The hotel also offers guests an inclusive buffet style continental breakfast served in the light and airy breakfast room.
Your trip will also include a guided tour of Dunkirk as well as entrance to Dunkirk War Museum. Hear the story of the evacuation and learn about the dramatic events and acts of heroism which occurred.
The package also includes French Lunch with Drinks on the Saturday
Pick-up points are: Shanklin – Landguard Road Bus Lay-by (Co-op) | Lake – Memorial Bus Lay-by (Tesco) | Sandown – Victoria Road Bus Lay-by (Library) | Brading – Bullring Bus Lay-by | Ryde – Hovertravel Coach Park | Newport – Coppins Bridge Car Park (coach bays) | East Cowes – Red Funnel Car Ferry Terminal