About this deal
* choose your option from dropdown menu *
Eye-opening artefacts, awe-inspiring warships and edge-of-your seat stories of bravery.
Gain an insight into Britain’s rich naval history…
Today’s deal is Full Navy Annual Ticket for Adults, Families, Kids, Students & Concessions @ Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Portsmouth, from only £14.10 per person
Horrible Histories® Pirates: The Exhibition has arrived at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard. The bestselling Horrible Histories series takes families on an action-packed adventure through the pirate underworld as the gruesome histories of their lives at sea are revealed.
Young buccaneers can create their very own pirate flag, scream and shout in the Pirate Tavern or try out different weapons from cannons to cutlasses. Take a right rollicking ride back in time to when pirates ruled the waves and ordinary men feared the call of the corsair.
The Full Navy Ticket is the best value ticket and gives you access to this exciting new exhibition. The ticket will also give you entry to our historic ships, including the star of Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and Vice-Admiral Lord Nelson’s world famous flagship HMS Victory, Queen Victoria’s HMS Warrior and the only surviving ship from the First World War’s Gallipoli campaign, HMS M.33. Take the complimentary waterbus to Gosport and explore Cold War submarine HMS Alliance where you will have the opportunity to look through her working periscopes, and see, hear and even smell how life was lived under the sea.
Your day out won’t be complete without an adventure-packed trip to Action Stations, where you can train like a Royal Marines Commando or try the Ninja Force assault course, an attraction based on TV’s popular Ninja Warrior series – the first of its kind in the UK. Add in a complimentary Harbour Tour to cruise around Portsmouth Harbour and see the ships of the modern Royal Navy.
As well as all the maritime history you could ask for, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard also offers a wide range of catering options for when you are ready to take a break from exploring. Choose from a variety including Costa Coffee, Boathouse #4 and the Copper Kettle café onboard HMS Warrior.
Your Full Navy ticket gives you entry to:
- Horrible Histories® Pirates: The Exhibition: become a pirate at your peril as you take on interactive displays based on the bestselling Horrible Histories. Command a pirate ship, take part in gruesome games & discover foul facts in this unique pirate adventure for all the family – a first for the UK
- HMS Victory: a major reinterpretation of her visitor route through the ship enables visitors to follow in the footsteps of Nelson, her most famous Vice-Admiral
- HMS Warrior: one of the world’s first iron-hulled, armoured warship launched in 1860 which never fired a shot in anger, yet changed naval warfare forever
- HMS M.33: discover the only surviving ship from the First World War’s Gallipoli campaign
- Jolly Roger: A Symbol of Terror and Pride: this new exhibition tells the story of the skull & crossbones flag, commonly known as the Jolly Roger, which has been associated with pirates for centuries (opens until 31 August 2019)
- The National Museum of the Royal Navy Portsmouth: home to Britain’s only museum dedicated to the men & women of the Royal Navy spanning several hundred years
- Action Stations: release your inner ninja on the Ninja Force assault course. Measuring 20 metre by six metre, the course combines elements of Parkour, rock climbing & rope courses. It’s suitable for anyone over six. Home to dozens of interactive adventures, including an indoor climbing tower & the new Making of a Royal Marines Commando exhibition
- Boathouse 4: a great family attraction within the Historic Dockyard, with hands-on children’s activities. There is the Forgotten Craft exhibition which pays tribute to the heroic small naval craft & crews of the past. You can also get a great birds-eye view of students practising traditional boatbuilding skills as part of the International Boatbuilding Training College Portsmouth
- HMS Alliance at the Royal Navy Submarine Museum: discover a world beneath the sea by walking onboard HMS Alliance – it’s as if she is about to leave for sea. Take a peek through the working periscopes & see, hear & even smell how life was lived underwater
- Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower: take the waterbus over to the award-winning museum – home to a unique collection that includes torpedoes & modern missiles
- Harbour Tours: a sailor’s eye view of the Historic Dockyard, & the warships of the modern Royal Navy (subject to availability)
- The Dockyard Apprentice Exhibition: the story of Dockyard life during the early years of the 20th Century when the great Dreadnought battleships were being constructed
Also included in the ticket is the waterbus – a boat ride from Portsmouth Historic Dockyard to the Royal Navy Submarine Museum and Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower (subject to availability and available on a first come, first served basis).
With this deal you get a Full Navy Annual Ticket which offers one year’s unlimited entry – meaning you’ve got plenty of time to explore the many museums, warships, climbing towers, assault courses, simulators and more
- Adult Pass – deal price £23.40…gate price normally £39.00
- Child or Student – deal price £14.10…gate price gormally £23.50
- Family – One Adult plus up to Three Children – deal price £36.00…gate price normally £60.00
- Family – Two Adults plus up to Three Children – deal price £51.00…normally £85.00
- Concession – deal price £20.70…normally £34.50
The Full Navy ticket is valid for one year and allows you multiple entry for one year to above listed attractions (subject to availability). These tickets are not valid for special events including the Festival of Christmas. Please visit historicdockyard.co.uk for dates
With so much to see and do, there are plenty of reasons to return again and again throughout the year.