* choose your option from dropdown menu *
Step into the past and discover the future at an Island favourite…
Today’s deal is Choice of Two Courses for Two or Three People @ The Castle Inn, Newport, from only £27.00
The Castle Inn was the first pub that Liam White and Simon Cant took over as an enthusiastic new duo emerging onto the Island pub scene.
Being the oldest pub in Newport it is packed with an incredible history and endless character. Dating back to 1550, the pub was once part of a secret passageway to Carisbrooke Castle for King Charles I.
Nowadays it is renowned for having a lively atmosphere and serving up some top tier pub grub.
Weekdays at The Castle Inn sees a number of exciting foodie deals alongside a lovely choice of dishes and hearty portions for the money – including Steak and Sunday Roast offerings.
Enjoy live music every Friday and Saturday, and a buzzy atmosphere throughout the rest of the week.
We are delighted to be working with The Castle Inn team for the very first time on TPIW.
* Two Courses for Two People – deal price £27.00…normally up to £47.80
* Two Courses for Three People – deal price £40.50…normally up to £71.70
Tuck into a Starter and Main or Main and Dessert from the extensive menu, which features the likes of:
* Starters: Homemade Soup | Shredded & Breaded Salt ‘n’ Pepper Chicken | BBQ Pulled Chicken Bao Buns | Breaded Brie Wedges | Loaded Nachos
* Mains: Wholetail Breaded Scampi | Beer Battered Cod | Liver & Bacon | Homemade Cottage Pie | Homemade Lasagne | Ham, Egg & Chips | Sausage & Mash | Homemade Beef Chilli Con Carne | Homemade Pie & Mash | Hunters Chicken | Gregory Tagliatelle | Mac & Cheese | Cajun Vegetable Burger | Mediterranean Vegetable Stew | Butternut Squash, Chickpea & Sweet Potato Korma | Homemade Beefburger | Southern Fried Chicken Burger | Chilli Burger | Hot Chicken & Bacon Caesars Salad | Oven Baked Halloumi & Pesto Salad
* Desserts: Desserts are updated daily – see Dessert Board for options
You may upgrade to Three Courses for a supplement payable direct on the night. Steak is a £5.00 supplement per person and some Specials may incur a supplement per person – all payable direct on the night.
The Castle Inn boasts a sunny beer garden at the rear which has recently been renovated. Enjoy a pint or two tucked away on the brand new decking and seating area and you’ll instantly forget the hustle and bustle of Newport High Street.
The Stable Bar towards the back of pub has also been transformed. It is the perfect private spot to host a wedding, 80’s disco party, Christmas works night out or just a quiet group meeting – it can do it all. Give the team a call and see what you can make happen.
It you are looking for a friendly, warm and traditional place to enjoy a selection of ales and locally sourced food add The Castle Inn to your list.